There is a specific protocol for sharing Panopto recording sessions with students in need of special accommodations.
All Moses Center accommodations need to be processed by Rania Bakr, NYU School of Law’s Accessibility Support Specialist. In order to facilitate this, there are a few simple steps to take. This support article assumes you have already created your course site in Brightspace, created your Panopto course folder, and scheduled and recorded sessions in Panopto. If you need support on these items, please check the linked help pages.
- In Panopto, locate the Course Site Parent folder.
- Click the Gear Icon > Settings, then scroll down to Availability; adjust to “never”
- From within the Parent Folder, open the Special Access folder
- Select the Gear icon (right hand side), then Share (left hand side)
- In the section called People and Groups, click “change” and then “Stop Inheriting” the Parent Folder permissions
- Remove the Group COURSENAME::Viewer; Save
- Remove the Group COURSENAME::Creator; Save
- Add Rania Bakr (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a Creator; Save
- Add yourself as a Creator; Save
- Schedule and record your sessions from within the course parent folder.
- After the session has been recorded, in the Parent Folder, find the Session you wish to share, and click the Gear/Settings icon that appears on mouse-over.
- Select Manage on the left-hand side
- Scroll down to Copy Video
- In the drop-down for “Copy video to” click and locate the Course Parent Folder, then select the “Special Access” Folder as the destination
- Click “Create Full Copy“