Panopto organizes files using a nested folder system. Each course taught at the law school has a Panopto folder that corresponds to its Brightspace course site. This Panopto folder must be created when you activate your Brightspace course site. Follow the first two steps here for directions on setting up the Panopto folder.
NOTE: Starting with SPRING 2023 the course subfolders for Special Access and Instructor Approved sessions are automatically created and populated within the course Parent folder.
In order to better facilitate special access requests and instructor approved sharing of Pantopo class sessions, subfolders must be created within the Panopto Course folder. There are two ways to do this, each with a few simple steps to follow.
- In the Parent folder, click the green Create button.
- Select New Folder at the bottom of the list that appears
- In the Screen that pops up, enter the name of the folder
- Click Create Folder; close the pop up window by clicking the “X” in the upper right corner.
- Alternately, in the Parent folder, you will see a small box labeled “Add New folder”
- Click this and type the desired name into the field and hit return
Note that if you do not specify otherwise when creating these subfolders, they will inherit the sharing permissions from the Parent folder in which they are created.