You can access your email from any web browser by going to email.nyu.edu and signing in with your existing NYU NetID and password (or through NYUHome, if eligible). No configuration is necessary if you choose to use the web interface.
Creating or modifying a personal email address
- Log into NYUHome (home.nyu.edu).
- Click your name in the far upper right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- In the NYU Email Preferences section of your settings, locate YOUR PERSONALIZED NYU EMAIL ADDRESS.
- Click the pencil icon and enter your desired Personalized NYU Email Address.
- Press enter on your keyboard to save it.
- If you wish to delete an existing personalized address and/or remove it to enter a new one, click Reset.
To make your personal email address your default address
- Log into the NYU Email web interface (email.nyu.edu).
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner, then select See all settings.
- Select the the Accounts tab.
- On the Accounts screen, you will see a list of your current NYU email addresses. By default, yourNetID@nyu.edu is listed as your primary address.
- To add alternative email(s), click Add another email address (a popup window will display) and enter the new email details.
- Click the make default link next to your preferred email address.
- To change the display name or reply-to address associated with one of your email addresses, click the edit info link next to that email address.
- Using the radio button under “When replying to a message,” you can select whether replies you send to email from others always come from your preferred email address or come from the email address the sender originally used.
- Your changes are saved as you make them; you do not have to click a save button.