The NYU Learning Management System (LMS) (Brightspace) is a cloud learning platform that allows NYU faculty to use web-based collaborative and assessment technologies to enhance the teaching and learning experience. This guide contains top articles related to administrative support roles, permissions, and processes.
SA role access can be granted on various levels representing the organizational hierarchy for which you are approved for e.g. school, department, or central IT. This administrative access may have up to 3 levels of access:
Support Administrator (SA) Types
- Organization-level “Member w/ Search” access: Provides the ability for the user to search for other users and see their enrollments within Brightspace.
- Support Administrator access: Provides cascading instructor-level access to the assigned organizational unit. This access can be granted at either the school- or department-level.
- Course/Practice Site Creation access: Provides the ability for the user to create course sites on behalf of the faculty of their defined school/department (s).
- Request and Provisioning Process for Support Administrator Role in NYU LMS (Brightspace)
- Support Administrator Workflow and Permissions (Video and Guide)
- NYU LMS (Brightspace): Creating Course Sites
- NYU LMS (Brightspace): Practice Sites (Support Admin)
- NYU LMS (Brightspace): Project Sites (Support Admin)
- NYU LMS (Brightspace): Self Service Course Migration
- NYU LMS (Brightspace): Guest Access
- NYU Classes vs. NYU LMS (Brightspace) Tool Glossary
- NYU LMS (Brightspace): Guide for instructors
- NYU LMS (Brightspace): Guide for learners